Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Kharijite Criminal, Anwar Al 'Awlaki, Should Be Arrested, Not Assassinated!

When I took Philosophy: History of World Religions, I had to write a paper for my final. I titled it, One Man's Terrorist Is Another Man's Freedom Fighter. If I had to write this paper now, I would title it, One Man's Terrorist Is Another Man's Head of State. I now know why Ronald Reagan is one of Pres. Obama's (may Allah guide him) heroes. Just as Reagan disregarded domestic and international law, the Obama Administration is walking in those same footsteps. America as a country is sailing in uncharted water with the events of the last few months. Firstly, the U.S. tries to assassinate Gen. Mu'ammar Ghaddafi. Never in the history of the United Nations has the UN told a sovereign leader that since his opposition wants him out of power, he must vacate power. And there will be sanctions and freezing of bank accounts until you do. Secondly, the U.S. government admits to sending Navy Seals into the sovereign nation of Pakistan (without their permission) to assassinate Usamah Bin Laden (who was unarmed). Thirdly, on May 5, 2011, the U.S. sent an unmanned drone into the sovereign country of Yemen (without their permission) to bomb a car that was thought to have Anwar Al 'Awlaki inside. He survived the attack. Since when did the U.S. government have the power to kill its citizens without due process? The Pres. is setting an extremely dangerous precedent. Especially, in the age of extreme Islamophobia. In the future, if a hand full of secular activists in a predominate Mooslem country don't like their Mooslem leader, the the UN could have him removed. A future Republican President could send federal agents to publicly kill Americans who have not only committed crimes, but who are "perceived" to be a threat to the U.S. All the future President will have to do is cite Pres. Obama as a reference. I am not a fan of Ghaddafi, Ibni Laden, nor Al 'Awlaki. I am however, a lover of myself and my Constitutional rights. These actions authorized by Nobel Laureate, President Barack Hussein Obama, could descend into many bloody conflicts in the future. The kharijite criminal, Anwar Al 'Awlaki, should be arrested, not assassinated. Being arrested and standing trial for his crimes is his right as an American, no matter how wicked he is. If his rights don't matter, do mine? When I find out the answer, I'll send you a letter from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

No comments:

Post a Comment